Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES)
Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES) is a program under the Free Education Law or Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act of 2017 (RA 10931) which provides financial assistance to deserving students in tertiary education.
The priority beneficiaries for the TES are:
- Continuing ESGP-PA scholars in the SUCs effective AY 2018-2019;
- Students who are part of households included in the Listahanan 2.0, ranked according to the estimated per capita household income; and
- Students not part of the Listahanan 2.0, ranked according to estimated per capita household income based on submitted documentation of proof of income to be determined by the UniFAST Board;
Provided, further, that such prioritization shall not apply to Filipino students in cities and municipalities with no existing SUC or LUC campus.
What are the benefits of the TES grant?
Students enrolled in private HEIs and TVIs are entitled to the following benefits (Sections 23 and 24. IRR of RA 10931):
- Tuition and other school fees, which shall be equivalent to the tuition and other school fees of the nearest SUC and State-run TVI in their respective area;
- Allowance for books, supplies, transportation, and miscellaneous personal expenses, including a reasonable allowance for the documented rental or purchase of personal computer or laptop, and other education-related expenses; and
- Allowance for room and board costs incurred by the students